Current processing time is 3-4 weeks for all handmade products. Free Shipping on domestic orders of $150+ with discount code FREESHIPPING150
The ODYSSEY Lead, the original dual-ring adjustable leash from the SUMMIT+SEA Collection
The Harbor Hound Co.™ ODYSSEY LEASH is designed for and named after all the bold voyagers and their adventure hounds, because nothing is more rewarding than a journey full of adventure shared with your best friend.
Hours of trekking in the mountains not really your thing? The ODYSSEY Leash is still the leash for you & is soon to be your new go-to favorite leash because it is stylish, functional, lightweight, easy to store or pack, rinses clean after a day at the beach (no more soaked sand filled leashes, it's a miracle!) has multiple functions including hands-free attachment, is available in a variety of bold colors + has many more reasons to love it.
7 Feet long in length from clip end to clip end & made from 5/8" wide leather-free webbing that is designed to keep up with all of your outings. Whether it be just a stroll in the park, a day at the beach or a weekend of camping and hiking the tallest peaks, the SUMMIT & SEA Collection of collars and leashes will live up to their name and be reliable gear for you and your hound, no matter your destination.
• Comes with our original design dual-ring adjustable O-rings, and two stable D rings- one for the traditional handle clip and the other on the opposite end of the leash so the leash can be clipped down to half its length. O-ring can be adjusted up and down the full length of the leash, keep in mind, this ring does not work the same as a loose O-ring and cannot be used as a slip lead since the rings will stay where they are moved to. A loose O-ring can be added from the upgrades page.
• Trigger Snap hardware available in Natural Gold finish, Silver Stainless Steel or Black Powder Coated finish. Brass & Stainless Steel are strong and will not rust with use in water, even salt water. Black Powder Coated hardware is not rust resistant and is not recommended for use in water.
• 5/8" wide webbing in heavy duty (approx. 4mm) thickness. You will love the soft edges of this leash. It is thin, flexible, light weight yet strong enough for the big dogs. We chose this size webbing because it works best with our adjustable rings, fit best in our hands, is stout enough for big dogs yet small enough for the smaller pups, and it is the most comfortable size to use cross-body or clipped around the waist for hands-free use. Webbing is waterproof, cleans easily, vegan friendly & low maintenance.
What can it do?
•Flat out the leash is 7' long, clip end into the stable D-ring to create a handle and clip the other end to your dog's collar or harness for approximately a 6' traditional leash.
• Clip one end to an O ring to create a handle and clip the other end to the second O ring and loop around your dog's neck to use as a temporary collar when you don't have a collar to latch to. This ring will not slip like a slip leash.
• Attach the top snap to the D-Ring at the opposite end to create a short 3.5" lead when you need to keep your pup closer to you.
• Temporarily hitch your hound to a tree, fence or post by looping the leash around the stable object and clipping to a D ring or the adjustable O ring.
• Turn your leash into a coupler by attaching each end to a dog to walk both on the same leash. You can simply hold onto the middle of the leash or add a traffic handle lead to the adjustable O ring in the center of the leash.
• Attach one clip to your dog's collar and attach the opposite clip to your dog's harness to have dual control and gain extra security on your outings. You can hold the center of the leash or add a traffic handle to the adjustable O ring.
• For hands-free use wrap the leash around your waist and clip to the adjustable O ring or loop it over your head, cross-body like, and clip to the adjustable O ring down by your hip to use the lead hands-free for walking/running/hiking. One of my favorite features! When we are able to safely let our dog off leash on a hike, I will also carry my leash clipped cross-body for easy access and to be hands-free.
It seems there are many functions for this leash, and I am sure you will find even more handy uses for this multi-way lead.
-Bolt Snaps, additional length, loose o-rings, and ring stoppers can be added from the Upgrades Page.
Each consumer is responsible for determining the suitability of these products for their individual situation. Consumer accepts all responsibility by purchasing and using these products. Harbor Hound Co. is not responsible for any and all injuries that can occur from the improper use of its products. Harbor Hound Co. recommends constant supervision when your dog is using these products.
All photos are the property of HARBOR HOUND CO.™
Type: Waterproof Leash
Here is our complete guide to sizing for our SUMMIT+SEA & Nautical Rope Collars. Please use our contact page to email us with any questions.
Measurement A: Measure around the head at it's thickest part, this is usually around the jaw and up around the ears.
Measurement B: Measure around the neck where you want your collar to sit relaxed. Add two fingers under the tape measure for added comfort room and be sure the tape measure is not too tight.This is your neck measurement with the comfort room needed in a collar.
Measure with a soft tape measure. If you don't have a tape measure, you can also use a shoestring and measure it with a ruler/yardstick afterwards. Do NOT measure a current collar to get this collar size.
SLIP COLLAR and NON-ADJUSTABLE MARTINGALE COLLARS:
Measure A and B, as seen in the photo- For this style collar, the collar will need to be large enough to slip over the head in order to put the collar on so measurement A is necessary to ensure the collar will be large enough to use. If the head measurement is larger than the neck measurement, the collar will need to be sized according to the head measurement. As a general rule, the collar should be sized .5" - 1" larger than the largest measurement to ensure a good fit. Fluffy dogs may need more than an inch extra if their neck measurement is larger than their head measurement.
For Nautical Rope Collars, add two inches or more to the largest measurement. The ropes round shape makes it fit tighter than a flat collar of the same length therefore it will need to be sized up at least two inches. Small dog collars of 1/4" and 3/8" size rope will need to be sized up one inch instead of two inches.
SUMMIT+SEA BUCKLE COLLAR:
Measure part B in the photo, where you would want your collar to rest. This is usually close to the base of the neck but be sure you are above the shoulders. You do not want your collar resting on the shoulders. Our Buckle Style Collars are adjustable up to two inches and holes are spaced .5" apart. We recommend the collar size with your dogs neck measurement on the smaller side up to the middle hole. For Example: Your dogs neck measures 16.5". A 16-18" size collar will fit nicely. Please keep coat length/thickness in mind as fluffier dogs may need extra length to accommodate their coat. Another example: Your dog's neck measures 20", a 20-22" collar will fit nicely as well as a 19-21" collar.
OPENING CLASP NAUTICAL ROPE COLLAR:
Measure part B in the photo, where you would want your collar to rest. This is usually close to the base of the neck. This style collar is not adjustable so precise measurement is important. The round shape of the rope makes this collar fit tighter than a flat collar of the same length so it is important to size up. As a general rule, add two inches to the neck measurement for large dog 1/2" rope collars. *For small dog 1/4" & 3/8" rope collars, size up one inch instead of two inches.
SUMMIT+SEA ADJUSTABLE MARTINGALE COLLAR:
Measure A and B, as seen in the photo- For this style collar, the collar will need to be large enough to slip over the head in order to put the collar on so measurement A is necessary to ensure the collar will be large enough to do so. If the head measurement is larger than the neck measurement, the collar will need to be sized according to the head measurement. Fluffy dogs may need more than an inch extra if their neck measurement is larger than their head measurement. This style collar is adjustable using the adjustable slides on the side to cinch down the collar webbing to fit the size of the neck. Please refer to Slip Collars & Non-Adjustable Martingales above for sizing guide on non-adjustable martingale collars.
SUMMIT+SEA SIDE-RELEASE BUCKLE COLLAR:
Measure part B, as seen in the photo- As a general rule, the collar should be sized at least 1" larger than the neck measurement to ensure a good fit. For example, a dog with a 15" neck would best fit in a size 14-17" collar. Fluffy dogs may need more than an inch for comfort so please keep your dogs specific needs in mind when selecting a collar size. This style collar is completely adjustable using the adjustable slides on the side to cinch down the collar webbing to fit the size of the neck. Due to it's adjust-ability this collar is a great option for growing dogs since it can be cinched down smaller and length can be let out as the pup grows.