Want a nautical classy look with a touch of sophistication for your hound? And did we mention durability? You'll find that with our Nantucket Collection!
Features and Sizing
• Hand-spun Tan or Navy polyester rope. Tan rope is made to look like a natural fiber hemp rope with more strength and endurance. This rope can be drug through the mud and washed regularly without loosing any color. Low elongation so it will not have any give to it or stretch. If you are used to cotton leashes or collars, this rope will feel more stiff but it is still soft. It is made to keep up with the rowdiest and rugged of hounds. Put it to the test!
•Natural Hemp Cord to secure rope splices- add any color hemp for a splash of salty style.
• Marine Grade Solid Brass hardware, Silver Nickel Plated Zinc hardware or Powder Coated Black hardware.
S P E C I F I C S
• Choose from opening Snap Hook style collar or Slip-On Training style collar- The slip on training collar will not correct leash pulling on its own, we recommend consulting a professional trainer to assist you with proper techniques and tools that work best for you & your dog.
Collar lengths and rope sizes: • Collar sizes 8-13" are made in 1/4" rope- XS/S: Looks great on Tea Cup and Toy breed small dogs.
• Collar sizes 14-19" are made in 3/8" rope– M/L: Looks great on medium to large dogs. approx. 15-40lbs. This size is very versatile. Not too big for the shorter small dogs such as Corgis & Frenchies but not too small on a larger pooch like your Collie or Spaniel.
• Collar sizes 20-30" are made in 1/2" rope– L/XL: Looks great on dogs over 40 lbs. Also a very versatile size as it looks great on Bulldogs, Retrievers, Sight hounds and even Danes. NOTE: This rope is more compact than cotton so if you are used to a cotton rope please know that this rope will be slightly smaller in diameter than the cotton because the fibers do not swell over time, hence why they do not stretch or give. We would be happy to make a custom size if needed. Also, if you would like a larger size rope than what is given in your size, no need to get a custom order, just put it in the notes section at checkout. Let us know if you have any questions.
S I Z I N G This collar is NOT adjustable therefore, you will need to measure your dogs neck exactly where their collar would sit. In the photos there is an illustration to show you how to properly measure for this collar. Please measure part "C" on your dog with a soft tape measure and add at least 1 or 2 inches for a comfortable fit. A 2 inch increase is recommended for large dogs and fluffy or thick coated dogs. If you do not have a soft tape measure you can use a string and then measure that string with a rigid ruler. Do not measure your dogs collar to get this collar measurement. For a slip-on training style collar you will also need to measure around their head, part "A" on your dog to make sure that the collar will slip on easily. Examples: Dogs neck measures 16.5", the best fitting collar would be an 18" collar. Dogs neck measures 16", the best fitting collar would be 17" for snug or 18" for a slightly loose fit.
All Harbor Hound Co. Collars & Leashes are handmade to order and we do not offer returns or exchanges unless we make a mistake or the item is arrives damaged or defective. Please see our Returns Page for more information.
All photos are the property of HARBOR HOUND CO.™ Do not redistribute.
Each consumer is responsible for determining the suitability of these products for their individual situation. Consumer accepts all responsibility by purchasing and using these products. Harbor Hound Co. is not responsible for any and all injuries that can occur from the improper use of its products. Harbor Hound Co. recommends constant supervision when your dog is using these products.
Due to the handmade nature of these items, there may be slight variations in color or length. No two leashes or collars will be identical.
Each order is handmade from start to finish once you place your order. We ship worldwide through USPS and delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose at checkout. Please note, this time does not include production/lead time. Please check out the Shipping Information Page for more information on order processing time. Processing time can vary during certain times of the year.
We also have 'Rush My Order' available for anyone needing to expedite the production time of their order. Tracking will be provided once your order has shipped. Please see the shipping, returns, exchange and repair policy for more information